Friday, June 6, 2008

A cry for help

Intimates of the Academy Award winning actress Tatum O'Neal have told that her arrest for buying cocaine, which took place near her Lower Manhattan apartment, came as a surprise.

"I would call it a cry for help," says one friend.

O'Neal, is the daughter of actor Ryan O'Neal and the ex-wife of John McEnroe.
She was abandoned by a drug-abusing mother (actress Joanna Moore) at age 7 and began using drugs by 14 and wrote about her struggles with and recovery from a heroin addiction in her 2004 memoir, "A Paper Life."

The actress completed rehab in 1996.
During her arrest, she claimed that whe was buying drugs to research a part about a junkie.

She also said: "I 'm still sober!...Just when I was about to change that and wreck my life, the cops came and saved me! I was saved by the bell, by the guys in the Seventh Precinct."

To read more: click here

No comments: