Monday, April 7, 2008

Sleepless in Los Angeles: Heath Ledger

From: Ian Munro in New York, Kate Benson and agencies
January 24, 2008

“Less than three months ago, Heath Ledger described his sleepless nights and mental exhaustion as he wrestled with his role as the "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic" Joker in the new Batman film.

One night he took a sleeping pill, Ambien, to little effect. He took a second, slept for an hour, but then woke, his mind racing.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times.

"I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going," he said, while admitting he also "stressed out a little too much" about his role in the Bob Dylan film I'm Not There.

Yesterday, the 28-year-old Australian film star was found dead.”

For the full article please click here:

No comments: